Jim's sig., less the money

Well, I had to get an alternator bracket for the kid's POS Jetta, (which
the boys had ordered) go to pick it up, $57!!!!!

Screw that noise, so I hit handy local junkyard, and manage to locate the
exact one, which was amazing, considering they had like 6 VWs in the whole
place. Of course, I sheared off the bolt, but I took it home anyway. $30
for a TCiH/knock distributor with the rotor, some Ford parts, the bracket
and two Wolfsburg Edition badges in fair condition. Not bad.

So I decide to do the trusty heat/wax trick. Go to fire up the MAPs torch,
of course the kid has used all the O2. So fire up the number two option,
propane jobbie, and guess what? It won't light. The nozzle's full up with
some sort of insect life/mud. I got it cleared out, heated the offender,
and waxed the sucker, it may not have been quite hot enough for the wax to
have helped to its best, but the sucker moved. Now it's back in the kid's
ballpark, it's his car, he can install it. That would be, in case you were
following, heat, chemicals and force.

But a good day.

Later eh?

cathy