Coolant Temp/Syn Oil

>I agree with David.  Engines like to run hot.

Well, yes, left to it's own devices (i.e. sans cooling system) an engine
will run hot to the point of meltdown.  An engine in
this condition, however, doesn't produce much power, or efficiency.  :)

>The reason that folks put lower temp thermostats and fan switches in
> is to give them additional headroom - basically additional capacity - in
> their cooling systems.

Hmmm.
How many of you listers put lower temp thermostats/fan switches in your car
to give your radiator a margin of safety?

Okay.  Now, how many of you did that for the purpose of increasing power?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

:)

Larry
sandiego16v