Coolant Temp/Syn Oil

> Drag-racing is not a direct comparison in my minds' eye.  One hot run or a
> few, vs. laps and laps...  Not to mention, most 1/4ers use something
> higher
> than 93 octane, and are built for one purpose...

Of course drag racing is not the same thing as street use, but they have ONE
thing in common: the desire for the most power possible.
Hence, any method of increasing said power can be directly applicable to
both forms of automotive use.

> BTW, you won't see an SAE paper on Evans.  I would imagine that SAE papers
> are NOT written with the idea of endorsing any particular product, no?

Yes.  That was, uh, my point.

>Come
> on Larry, you gotta TRY to think outside the box, at least occassionally.
> The universe is not a cube, ya know?  ;-)
>
> Anyone else here on the list who uses Evans, and feels there is more
> power?
> I know Larry, just conjecture, no dyno-sheets that are easily scanned and
> viewed via the web, etc...  However, I am willing to bet that those who
> have
> it, like it for the reason already mentioned...
>
> David
>
> PS--  Why is a violent burn out of question to produce more power?  More
> BANG for the buck?  If I put in Alcohol, or even say 110 octane in my car
> right now, it will run like a motherfuckerfromhell.  Yeah, it will kill it
> since it was not designed for it (and since it is on its last legs...).

If you are implying that a higher octane fuel burns more violently, you are
mistaken.
I disagree with that one statement in whole; put alcohol in your car 'right
now', and it won't run at all.
Your car's fuel system is not calibrated for it.  :)
Put 110 octane in your car and, unless your ignition system has provisions
for changing advance according
to input from a knock sensor, your engine will run exactly like it runs now
(providing, of course, that your engine
isn't suffering from detonation at this time).

I'm sticking with logic here: cold fuel should mean more power and a slow,
controlled burn means no detonation and more power.
You'll probably not be able to sway me without VERY convincing proof,
which...so far...has not been forthcoming.

Larry
sandiego16v