Old school Front Swaybar Vs. The Neuspeed 22mm Front Swaybar - On a '79 Scirocco Where You Have To Move The Fuel Lines To Install The Neuspeed Swaybar!

Anyway, I have a new (as in never installed), old school front swaybar. I'm
not sure of the manufacturer, but it's the type that goes next to the rad
support. I think it might be a GMP front sway bar. The installation
instructions only gives two clues: no. 125, and to use it with their rear
bar no. 331.

I also have a 22mm Neuspeed swaybar, that I can more easily install on my
'81 Scirocco.

I'm trying to decide which swaybar to use, and I'm looking for feedback from
anyone that has used, or is using the old school swaybar.

Does the old school front swaybar strengthen the front crossmember, or
stress it by using it as a leverage point?

I think the matching rear bar, no. 331, bolts to the triangular
reinforcements on the rear trailing arm, and I have one like that, but I
think that has an ADDCO sticker on it. Anyone running that type of rear bar?

I'm leaning towards trying the old school bar...

Thanks in advance!

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...