Jim's sig., less the money

On 7:59:18 am 07/13/05 Jim Jarrett <jarrett@rpa.net> wrote:
> On 7/11/05 8:33 PM, "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
> wrote:
> >  That would be, in case you were following, heat, chemicals and
> >  force.
>

> I think there's a "swear" factor in there too, and some sort of
> second-order polynomial expansion that takes into account how far and
> how fast you've flung tools across the garage in frustration.
>
> Or at least that seems to be what finally freed up the bolt on my '86
> this past weekend, that was holding the A/C line bracket to the
> compressor, totally blocking my access to everything else I wanted to
> remove.
>
> /===============================================================\
> | Jim Jarrett,McFarland, WI      '94 Passat GLX                 |
> | mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '86 Scirocco                   |
> |                                '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |
> |    Any problem can be solved with the proper application of   |
> |   Force, Heat, Chemicals, or Money.                           |
> \===============================================================/

Well, clearly swearing is a factor. Last night being an example, but it was
the kid, not me. Not that it helped the repair.

It goes like this. Bentley plus comments that my dear friend Robert B had
left out of his manuals. This being on the 87 sparkly Jetta. "Prepare to
remove front wheel by first parking on level ground, and loosening lug
bolts" (In this case, it's nuts, but same deal) Fu*^%*^k Snapped a wheel
stud. Use heat, chemicals and more force to remove wheel stud from rotor.
F*^(*^ck, Not moving, the rotor's "rotoring". So handy mom gets in to apply
pressure to the brake pedal, as son does the "force" part of the signature.

POOF!!, clunk. From the wheelwell , "Mom, what was that?" Bloody frikkin
%^&%**& ^*&(*. Oh....nothing...How close were you to the brake line with
the torch? Nope, it exploded at the back. One of the long rigid brake
lines. At 8:30 pm, we're 15 minutes from the nearest Crap Tire. It'll take
fifteen more to mount the tire on the remaining three studs, inflate the
air ride suspension so he can get a jack under the back end and assess
damage, so I hit the road wih the cell phone after calming the son enough
that he's not taking a BFH to the car, though it did get a hoofing. So it
remains in the air, dead stud in place, snapped bolt to the wheel
cylinder...yeah, it'll be fun going to Waterfest. My bug and 16V are fine,
or at least I think so. The 79 is staying home. But may as well increase
the odds. Expect another story about that, we're taking four cars. (87
Jetta/ 87 16V/ 88 Cabby/ 99 Bug) Yeah, pretty nutso.

Cathy