Re: damn lucky west -coasters-need fast reply! Hope someone can!

--- carol eller <carolscustomcreations@msn.com> wrote:

 I know what you are saying.  But one thing I was
thinking of, is that I
could at least have used it for parts if nothing else.

All the way across the country is a damn long journey for a
parts car....

Oh, well, I will get
another one I know,
it's a gut feeling.  It's just a matter of the right
time. ;-)

Yep.  Find another and then see if there's someone local to
check it out in person.  Rust is an extremely critical
issue with the Mk 1 cars especially - where they rot
renders the car unsafe to drive, and the rest of the car
might look great.

Good luck in your search.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato *coming soon*
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172