[SPAM] Re: Assembly Bill 2683 - California smog

Gordon Forbess wrote:
<snip>
> This bill is actually less restrictive than what Sheila Kuehl
> (D-Peoples Republic of Santa Monica) wanted to pass.  Her idea was
> 1957 and newer!
>
> There may be one or two people here who remember Sheila from her
> annoying role as "Zelda Gilroy" on TV in the 60s.
> http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/dobie-gillis.htm   She is now a loud
> proponent of lesbian/gay causes and government subsidizing
> electric/hybrid cars so we all can afford to replace our Sciroccos
> with a Prius or Insight.
>
> Gordon
>
> 75 Mk1/Drake 1.9
> http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm

I wouldn't mind if proponents of replacing all cars with electric cars
threw some money behind retrofit powerplants; hydrogen powered Roc would
be OK with me.

I know there are perhaps trade offs in power  but it would be better for
a daily driver of my choice than having them all mandatorily scrapped.

My cars don't pollute, I usually run motors that pass better than some
*new* cars/trucks.

TBerk

TBerk