[SPAM] Re: Assembly Bill 2683 - California smog

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:39:06 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Seriously, if Jay Leno is in opposition, all he has to do is call
>Arnold DIRECTLY (Gov. Terminator announced his candidacy on Mr. Leno's
>show, IIRC). I bet the bill won't pass thanks to Mr. Leno. Don't you
>love politics?

Some of the news coverage has speculated about this.  My guess is that
Arnold will not sign it, citing some sort of cost/benefit analysis or
placing an unfair burden on the poor people who have to drive old cars
to their minimum wage job, etc., etc.

This bill is actually less restrictive than what Sheila Kuehl
(D-Peoples Republic of Santa Monica) wanted to pass.  Her idea was
1957 and newer!

There may be one or two people here who remember Sheila from her
annoying role as "Zelda Gilroy" on TV in the 60s.
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/dobie-gillis.htm   She is now a loud
proponent of lesbian/gay causes and government subsidizing
electric/hybrid cars so we all can afford to replace our Sciroccos
with a Prius or Insight.

Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9