Problem for you electrical types...

Thanks, Allyn, I figured that you'd be the first to offer help on electrical
stuff like this.
It's been too darn hot today to even think abouty working on the 'Roc (no
room in the garage for it) so I will wait until the temps cool down a bit
before trying your suggestions.
  Plus my youngson said he'll come over and assist (sometimes you need three
or four hands to perform these tests....).  I'll let you know how it goes...

The Bentley's schematic is Greek to me!

Larry

> Larry,
> sounds like you're right on so far (thoughts on high resistance, etc).
> heres what you need to do:
> take your voltage checks with the circuit in action. have someone hold the
> switch in the down position, then take your voltage checks. i would take a
> quick check at the motor (likely zero or low voltage - if the window isnt
> moving). then simply trace your way back. take checks along the series
> circuit. something has to be dropping the voltage. don't discount
anything.
> it could be as far back as the fuse panel, though the more likely place
> would anywhere between the switch and the motor (as it is
direction/polarity