VLE Option-6 Dream tranny

[To the tune of Bing Crosby...]   "I'm dreaming of a trans..axle..."

Ugh that was bad.

Anyway, this is what I'm thinking... Guestimating that I may have to
replace my clutch before the year is out. Would this be the time to

1. ...Invest in a sport clutch?
2. ...Invest in a lightened flywheel?
3. ...Invest in an LSD (Peloquin VS. Quaife??)?
4. ...Replace my (perfectly good but possibly SMS susceptible) '89 coded
2Y with a (torquier) rebuilt 4K with VW 020 bolt kit?

and finally...

5. ...Convert said 4K to VLE Option-6 six speed for highway economy?
<http://www.spiretech.com/~vw6spd/kit.html>

OK, I know what you're going to say, "Camron, good luck on that six
speed, heh heh..."  Okay what is the reality of this conversion?
Someone here said you could still get the kit separately (If you're
lucky??) but it was $$$$.$$, and then have someone (Not me) do the
conversion.

Does anyone know if the VLE guy is still in business and/or still doing
the conversions?  If his shop is still in Hillsboro, Oregon, that'd be
less than 1 hour away for me by car (with transaxle _in_ the car, or
it'd be a lot longer trip than that ;)  This old website is still
online, but from the discussions in the Scirocco Archives it sounded
like he closed up the transaxle business and went into general VW parts
sales... <http://www.qualityvwparts.com/>

Yes, I've read the "Option-6 Saga Page"
<http://www.divergent.org/mikes.vws/VLE/> (someone here on the the
list?) and it is very enlightening.

With Ga$ prices as high as they are, it'd be nice to conserve a little
on the highway (yeah, what's the point, after dropping all that money
into such extensive work?) but If I'm gonna go there, I might as well go
all the way...

Impressions welcomed.

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L