81s 3a bad idle and stuttering

I am having a problem I have yet to have been able to trace on my own.
During the day unless the marine layer rolls in the car runs perfect idles
at 950 to 975 saw on my recent smog test. the problem is once the
marinelayer rolls in and the humidty rises the car runs poorly unless the
motor is hot then it runs ok sometimes normally a block before I get home.
It won't idle jumps from 500 to 1500 motor surges under power misses badly
if your foot is in it ussually runs good till you easy off a little then
bucks like crazy. Motor has 24k miles new cap and rotor, new plug wires,
fixed vacum leakes, new alt belt, new batt.
I am feeling it might be alternator or coil any thoughts from the brains