OT: Microwang (was: Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ !!!)

> I care because the web belongs to no one OS or browser.  Does she want me
> to use IE by saying that?  Does she not want to take the time to adhere to
> standards that make a site legible in all browsers on all OSes?  I was
> just broadsided by an obviously myopic webdesigner saying that she has
> even heard of Linux.
>
> That is what this shit is.
>
> <disclaimer>:  I use Windows but never IE in a million years.

ok, i dont like lighting into other listers, but this one has lit my fuse
right at its base.

you want to use a web browser thats in the minority? fine. quit bitching if
it doesnt work with a site that was made with microsoft tools. it might be
true that microsoft doesnt properly follow the standards, and that may suck
in the grand scheme of things, but your being a standards nazi is going to
do nothing more than piss another lister (julie) off. she made that site out
of pure kindness and generosity. she has _no_ obligation to spend more hours
than she already has just to translate her site to unified html, doing so
just to get _you_ off of her back.

so, you dont want to use ie, no matter what??? - fine, continue to be part
of the 1% that cant get access to julies site, and deal with it.

Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (daily driver, 200k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (30% complete, rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (rocco #8)
90 Passat GL 16V (the wifes new daily, 200k)