OT: Microwang (was: Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ !!!)

What the fuck is this shit? Is May National Let's Get All Pissy About Everything month on the net or something? It's just here, forums that I frequent have turned into bitchfests as well. Who are you to say what should and shouldn't be on the internet? Do you have nothing better to do than pick on a professional webdesigner for her choice in coding? I'm not sure if it's the .ASP that you have a problem with or the fact that it's "Optimized for IE" but either way, why do you care?

There is no best OS. Each has it's own pluses and minuses. Windows has so many issues mainly because it is so widely used and is designed to be user friendly, not a DIY OS like Linux. It is impossible to make something 100% secure. It is also impossible to identify every bug, backdoor, loophole and unintended use for a bit of code that exists. That's the way it is and if you don't like it, use a different OS or put your computer in a box and stick it in the attic.

As for virii, I get about 15 a day, most all saying "Mailer_Demon delivery failure" or something similiar. I delete anything that has an attachment icon, making cleaning very easy. If it really upset me that much, I would create a new email account (yahoo sends all my virii laced stuff to the bulk folder, making it even easier). The best defense to keeping virii to a minimum is not to post your email address anywhere.

Dan
I apologize for my rant but the "Holier than Thou" attitude is a huge pet peeve of mine and with the flaming going on on my regular forums, the last thing I want to do is check my email and find more of it.
Spewey <spewey@comcast.net> wrote:

How the hell does a Linux user and assembly language know-it-all write a
web page in asp that says "Optimised for Internet Explorer?"

http://www.menloparkrandd.com/my_rocc/

There's no place for that BS on the web.
Your rant really leaves me puzzled.