[OT] My Other DD VW Car - not really ot

Quoting T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>:

> Yeah, I know. But the point is watercooled boxer motor that eats heads
> (gaskets) OR an Inline 4 that benefits from all my existing knowledge
> and gets the job done and is based on an old tractor design.
>
> TBerk

There is a way around that...  If you use Evans coolant, corrosion is no
longer an issue, as there is no water used with that coolant.  It is expensive
($25.00 a gal), but it is cheaper than a head job (no, that is -not- what I
meant). :-)

Also, for those that are not interested in that approach, Fast German Auto
sells sacrificial anodes that are supposed to corrode -instead- of the heads.
Much cheaper at IIRC 25.00 a pair, one for each head, but I cannot vouch for
their ability...  BTW, Fast German has headers (yes, really) for the Vanagon,
among other things for the Vanagon...

HTH

David Utley
Cable Volkswagen