[OT] My Other DD VW Car - not really ot

Spewey wrote:

> T Berk wrote:
>
>> On the short list are a:
>>
>> - two door Fox wagon
>

> Ah, the lowly Fox.  VW's red-headed B'zilian stepchild.  Although the
> idea of a 2-door wagon is very cool and only an early Saab 95

Yep. I got a Saab 900 Turbo in the driveway now. Sadly it is behind the
Roc, the BiTurbo, and the Wabbit in terms of getting any lovin any time
soon.

> does it
> better, these cars were made from stapled-together cat food cans.

Hey, I did the narcolepsy (sp) thing one night on the way to get some
chocolate cake (long story involving... never mind) and I killed a Honda
sedan parked at the curb. It never drove again, I BENT it. The Fox,
minus one headlight, drove home that same night, after I pulled the
fender off the tire.

>  They
> fall apart.  You don't want that.  Hey, look, Member Banned:
> http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_803.shtml

Oh No! What an ugly car. They should give it to me, I'll put the owner
out of his misery.  8])

>> - Vanagon, water cooled (w/ an inline 4 motor 'upgrade' at some point).
>

> Dear lord.  Do you realize what you're saying?  Vanagons are like
> cats--you don't own them, they own you.
<snip>

> It has been great ever since (about 15K more) and I love it but, man,
> it's different.  Slow.  Sucky to the max in any kind of wind.
> Persnickety.  And I have read all about various conversions and the only
> one that sounds good is the Vanagon S with the When Rice eXcels motor:
> http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_757.shtml

Yeah, I saw that. I'm thinking Audi 3A two liter and be happy.

> That or a 911 six.  Neither way is cheap.

This is true.

<snip>

> You could be a candidate for a lonely Vanagon to glom on to.
> Be vewwy vewwy cawefuw.
>
> Not for sale, too wuvved:
> http://s94043504.onlinehome.us/van/van5.JPG

To quote Wacko Jacko:
Hee hee hee.

(Couldn't emulate Elmer's laugh over the Internet.)

TBerk