soldering 4 ga copper wire?

Ah, I see the subject line this time...  Yes, I still think soldering is the
way...  A butane torch, and lots of solder w/flux will do it.  Done that as
well...  As for the crimp, if it is a factory crimp, sure.  They have machines
that crimp that sucker with an ungodly amount of force.  It would be very
difficult for dirt/water to get into a factory crimp...  A crimp that you can
achieve at home would not be as fool-proof as the factory, IMHO...

David Utley