HELP!!

Ok ....

I replaced my distributor cap and rotor today, only after I did it, my
car will not turn over. I have the bentley manual and am aware that on
some versions theres a typo on the spark plug firing order. What is the
CORRECT order, from clockwise, my manual lists it at 1 3 4 2, which
seemed accurate. When I start my car now, it doesnot turn over, and
just keeps on clicking. When I get to the engine, it smells like
gasoline. I hope that I did not ruin something while I replaced the
rotor ... any help at all would be appreciated, I have work tomorrow
and my 16v is my only means of transportation.

Much appreciated,

Carlos