fundage for dirk (was - the house of euro fiasco)

fellow listers,

    at the request of several people who share my opinions on this matter, i
have nominated myself as a fundage collector for a group donation to dirk.
for those of us willing to donate to the cause, i will be accepting funds.
i'm acting as a central repository in an effort to minimize a bunch of
individual payments showing up in dirks paypal account. also, this will
minimize the overhead that is lost from multiple paypal transactions.

    for donating, anything is fair game. paypal, check, money order,
whatever. my current intent is to go for 3 weeks. at that time i will roll
all money into a combined payment and send it to dirk in some form of
insured manner. i'll also post the grand total to the list. if some need to
push that out further, just let me know. realize i dont want to go out
*that* far, as i believe dirk has waited long enough.

disclaimers:
- i know we cant cover the entire sum that dirk has been shorted. whatever
you want to do is totally acceptable. donating to this cause is not required
or expected. the only ones i think will donate are those who have dealt with
dirk in the past, or who just want to help out a bit.
- realize that i've been calling this a 'donation'. the main reason being
that in light of recent events, i think we all know theres a good chance
this money wont be coming back. if josh ends up making things right in the
end, that will be great news, if and when that happens.
- while it might be cool to have a list of who donated what, and the
competition might even bring more funds, i feel it may discourage those who
want to kick in small amounts. so, unless there is overwhelming support for
a posted list, i will keep the 'who sent what' list to myself. this list
will be available to any of those who donated, or any of the veteran
listers, upon request. this is mainly to cover my own ass through simple
'check and balance' action (knew those gov. classes in high school would
come in handy some day).
- there are some (not pointing fingers or even trying to, seriously) who
dont want to do this, and are possibly even against it. no biggie, just keep
your money (and your opinion) to yourself. i'm trying to do something nice
for a fellow lister, and the last thing i need is to get crappy flame-filled
private emails about it.

how to do it:
    email me (NOT to the list, dont want this thread going nuts) at this
address as to what method you would like. i'll reply with the necessary info
(dont want to splatter my private info all over the list, as it is archived
and eventually shows up on google).

those new to the list:
    please dont feel obligated to donate. i dont want people thinking this
list is a 'pay to enter' type of thing. the scirocco list has always been
open to all (well, there was that one idiot that brett had to kick off way
back when, but thats a seperate (rather funny) story).
    also, those who want to donate but are worried their money wont make it
where its supposed to. feel assured by the fact that many people on this
list know me personally (some live very close to me as well). it would take
nothing more than a single email to the list to send a lynch-mob in my
direction. i know this, not to mention i would never do anything to
jeopardize my good standing with all of the friends i have made here over
the past few years.

    thanks in advance for those willing to support this cause. i am happy to
be part of a community that is willing to back eachother up in such a
manner.
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (daily driver, 200k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (30% complete, rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (rocco #8)
90 Passat GL 16V (the wifes new daily, 200k)