soldering 4 ga copper wire?

Crimping is actually fine.  The way I look at it, there are millions upon millions of cars out
there running right now, with tons of miles on them, with crimps on the +12V and ground cables.  I
aply a little silicone grease before I crimp.  Also, I don't think solder will be easy at all.  If
you insist, you might try to crimp and then solder using a torch.  Have a few lengths of heat
shrink tube slipped over the cable to cover the end where you'll most likely burn some insulation.

AFA ground points, I agress those studs are great, but I've used a tranny case bolt and a tranny
mount bolt with no problems.  You might try an intake mani stud if it's a 16V (on 8Vs, it's too
close to the exh. mani).

Ron