What's the fastest can ever take your Scirocco? - more numbers

Scirocco content??
NONE!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron" <aaron@brixtonhill.demon.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: What's the fastest can ever take your Scirocco? - more numbers

Larry

> Using AE's formula, can anyone tell me what the muzzle energy of a 180
> grain 30-06 bullet is? (I know the answer, it is 2913 foot-pounds.)
> Now, you use Einsteins's formula to calculate that same answer.

Einsteinian physics are no replacement for Newtonian - they are in
addition. And, you're right - they're absolutely useless unless you're
an theoretical physicist, an astrophysicist, a nuclear physicist, or
captain Kirk

> You can't. It won't work. There is something missing...can you tell
> me what it is?

Yes - Newton!

> His formula only works for something traveling at the speed of light.

Not true. His formula works when you're trying to create a nuclear
explosion. His formula applies to all situations, but is only
measurable at high velocities. It is extreme physics - which admittedly
is not much use in relation to souping up cars.

> Now then, can someone show me how his theory says that mass increases
> as speed increases, since his theory has speed being a constant? i.e.
> provides for no increase/decrease in speed (which I think was the
> original subject)

Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to explain this - but look here:

(http://www.btinternet.com/~j.doyle/SR/Emc2/
Derive.htm#An%20Apparent%20Increase%20in%20Mass%20due%20to%20Speed)

I'm sure that when (many years ago) a nerd taught me all about
relativity on the back of a napkin in a pub on a Friday night - it all
looked much more simple than the m=m0/(Square root of (1-v Squared / c
squared)) you'll find on this page... But suffice to say - this
equation is derived directly from e=mc2.

Let me assure you that you know a lot more about sciroccos than I do
about special relativity

> Larry

Aaron in London