Unwanted messages?

>Quoting Drew MacPherson <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>:
>

> > This would be the 1.6 turbo diesel Scirocco.  The KKK03 turbo is off a
>1.9
> > and the wastegate is set at 12psi - compared to the stock 10 for the
>1.6.
> > Regrettably at high rpm/boost the wastegate is restrictive enough to
>cause
> > enough boost creep to push boost as high as 15 psi - which appears to be
> > more than the stock head gasket can stand, even for short periods of
>time.
> > I really need to redesign the downpipe to include a straight path for
>the
> > wastegate exhaust, but the "other" turbo project (200tqa) is going to
> > preclude that from happening any time soon.
> >
> > I'm initimately familliar with the guts of this engine, but thanks for
>the
> > offer... :)  If I do have to go around this again, I'm seriously
> > considering a 1.9 head gasket, which is multi-layer steel instead of
> > fibre - but if I can get it to limp through until the Audi is ready to
> > roll then the car will likely end up parked and I'll be riding shotgun
>in
> > someone else's Scirocco to Cincy this year (Cathy, are you
> > listening???!!!)
> >
> > Drew

Ah headgaskets eh...likely easier than that damn headlight on mine.  (still
couldn't get it out) I wonder what the new 1.9 gasket is made of then, I
know mine was spiking to 23 during the chip experience, (then cutting out)
and knock wood, it's hanging in there.
As for riding shotgun, um, was that the deal? If we ride down together, I'm
apt to find something else for you to drive home for me, and I don't need
any more. (But maybe Daun can find one for you to brong home, a friend for
Carrots...) But sure, if you insist on breaking your toys, you can share
mine.
Cathy

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*