From: "Anson Clement"
To: ;
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: gear crunching...

> That's what happened to my 8v before the clutch took a permenant vacation,
for about a month the clutch got increasingly stiff/grabby and did'nt
dissengage all the way no matter how I adjusted the cable. If the problem
gets worse you need to change the clutch as it will start eating your
synchros and chipping reverse gear..... ask me how I know.

> The only thing in life you can't learn about the hard way is an errectile
dysfunction......

> pretty good for 8:00 AM yes?
>
> Anson
>
> Mike Smith wrote:
> What's the deal: When I put it into reverse, it sounds like I've got the
clutch halfway in (which I don't... it's all the way) and I'm reving it
around 3K (again, I'm not... it's at idle). Also, the whole front end
"jumps" a bit when going into reverse. When going from gear to gear (up or
down), it's like I have to break through a seal everytime. It's also hard to
get into first at times so I end up going to second then back up to first
(slides right in usually).

> tyia
>
> Mike
> '86 red 16v
>

> word (wûrd)
> interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to
something. Sometimes used with up. Source