Fast idle cold and faster when hot ! RE: Idle Controll valve

Okay I am confused, (yeah its early and the nurse has not given me my wake
up caffeine injection yet)

What are you calling the Idle control valve? You talking about the item
behind the intake manifold?

I am asking because a buddy of mine has the following problem and though
there is 1 thing I have not done yet (change o-rings) I am at a lost on what
his problem is.

86 8v Scirocco, for some reason previous owner has changed the FI assembly
for one without a Lambda/Dwell setup, which we replaced. Now the car used to
idle just fine, but ran rich very rich all the time.  Now that we changed it
to a normal unit for an 8v (with the dwell connection) so the FI valve
starts buzzing along... Now the car runs fin, I adjusted the advance and
dwell, except the idle runs fast, and when it warm up it gets faster (i.e.
starts at 1200 runs up 1500-1900 rpm after a drive).

We have tested the O2 sensor its clear, checked all hoses and vacuums I
could think of.. Ran through the various Bentley Idle tests and northing
comes out as "bad or need replacing" Exception the o-ring on the injectors.
(that is next)

Curious fact, when idle-ling, if you press down (with a finger) slightly on
the rubber boot of the if assembly the idle slows down.. I did check them
for cracks, but none where found. The idle screw, is touchy... If I turn it
1/8 of a turn too much in the car goes from 1200 to stall instantly.

Help!

---
ATS - Patrick Bureau -  Web site :
http://ats.longcoeur.com]http://ats.longcoeur.com