From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of rob lahey
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 6:20 AM
To: List
Subject: Steering Column Bearings?

On the 81S, the steering wheel was real loose and "jumpy", so after an
inspection, the cylindrical bearing at the bottom of the steering column had
slipped out from the bottom of said column.
I patiently "slipped" it back in with my fingers and thought I had resolved
he issue.....steering wheel nice & firm again. But the carefree little
bearing doesn't want to stay up in there and do it's job. Are there any
tricks to this or do I need to dis-assemble the steering column and replace
it or am I missing a bushing or sleeve?
TIA.