OT- Gmail invites?

T Berk wrote:

> btw- Folks?,  be aware that the offsetting reason Google is offering
> both 'free' email and such a large mail box is they are filtering the
> mail that you get for key words and using the results to send you
> targeted ads that relate to subjects they think you might be interested in.

They're not "sending" you targeted ads.  They place the ads in the same
piece of screen real estate as when you use Google for a search, so
you're not getting spam from Google in your inbox...  While I'm the
first to be alarmed at anyone "spying" on my emails, there is no human
looking through my emails, and the only time any human will read ANY of
my mail stored at Gmail is with a search warrant.  Still makes me feel a
bit weird, but I'm sure Yahoo and Hotmail are no less "secure"...

Mark.
75
77
80 S