OT- Gmail invites?

David Winchell wrote:
> I am wondering if the invites are based on the volume of advertisement
> they are sending as rendered from your email content.  As of yet I
> have to receive a single ad or invite.  Admittedly the only mail going
> to my gmail account right now is the Scirocco List mail.

Well, I'm sure the big Google Consciousness is scratching it's virtual
head trying to sell you a new Scirocco.  :D

> Can anyone who has been able to send invitations confirm wheter or not
> they received their invites to send after they received ad traffic
> from google?
>
> Just curious if my observation is correct....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Winchell, II

I'll bet you might very well be correct sir.

btw- I submitted myself to gmail directly but haven't been invited
yet. <sniff>

I'd be happy to accept an invite from whoever might have one, and
thank you.

btw- Folks?,  be aware that the offsetting reason Google is offering
both 'free' email and such a large mail box is they are filtering the
mail that you get for key words and using the results to send you
targeted ads that relate to subjects they think you might be
interested in.

Now that you have a nibble, do your own research. A word to the wise
is sufficient to those Wise to the Word.

TBerk