OT- Gmail invites?

Mark wrote:
> T Berk wrote:
>

>> btw- Folks?,  be aware that the offsetting reason Google is offering
>> both 'free' email and such a large mail box is they are filtering the
>> mail that you get for key words and using the results to send you
>> targeted ads that relate to subjects they think you might be
>> interested in.
>

> They're not "sending" you targeted ads.  They place the ads in the same
> piece of screen real estate as when you use Google for a search, so
> you're not getting spam from Google in your inbox...  While I'm the
> first to be alarmed at anyone "spying" on my emails, there is no human
> looking through my emails, and the only time any human will read ANY of
> my mail stored at Gmail is with a search warrant.  Still makes me feel a
> bit weird, but I'm sure Yahoo and Hotmail are no less "secure"...
>
> Mark.

They are 'sending' the ads to the window pane the email is viewed in,
correct.

I do understand that this 'filtering' is in reality no different than
what is currently going on anyway but I wanted to bring it up and
point folks to do their Own Research.

(No hate for Google here.)

Lets be clear- nothing is free, and it pays to do some finding out on
your own rather than face value in a digested mode.

Jeeeez fellas.

TBerk