Car cover / storage in general / lots of questions

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Cris Carpenter
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 2:30 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Car cover / storage in general / lots of questions

Putting cars up on blocks has not really shown to provide any benefits,
especially for modern cars. In the old days they would do it to keep the
tires round and keep the springs from sagging, but modern technologies in
both of these areas make them non-issues.

I disagree.  I have had issues with tires being out of round.  They did
eventually get much better, but there is still a bit of wobble.  The tires
were fairly new (about a year old).  This was about a year and a half ago,
it sat for two months.  I think that there are too many variables to make
the statement that it is not necessary.  It would depend on lots of things
like if it were indoors or outdoors, the temperatures the car would see, how
much weight there is on the tire (my fronts seem to be the worser of the
set), etc., blah de blah...  I do not think the springs would be affected at
all, unless you had the sucker weighted down with several engines...  :)

Cheers,
  David