Car cover / storage in general / lots of questions

To clarify: I have seen this happen, but only with lousy tires. And I've
seen structurally defective tires go out of round through normal use too.
Heck, working as a mechanic, I condemned brand new tires because I could
see as I was balancing them that they were going to eventually grow lumps.
But this too seldom happened with better tire brands and models. My 81 has
had various high-performance models of both Michelin and Dunlop tires over
the years, and in spite of sitting for several months at a time in both hot
and cold weather, they never grew out of round as a result.
Cris