Car cover / storage in general / lots of questions

You don't really need to drain the fluids, but you may want to replace the
oil, coolant and brake fluid after you get it running again, depending on
how old they are anyway.

You also don't need to flood the engine in atf, though you may want to put
a teaspoon or two in each cylinder and crank the engine over for a few
seconds to lube the upper cylinder and head stuff. You may need to put in
new plugs after you get it running again.

Putting cars up on blocks has not really shown to provide any benefits,
especially for modern cars. In the old days they would do it to keep the
tires round and keep the springs from sagging, but modern technologies in
both of these areas make them non-issues.

The main thing about storage is to keep it someplace dry as much as
possible. That means sitting on cement (with good drainage) instead of
dirt. The best thing to do with existing rust is to oil it. Thinner motor
oil works great. It displaces moisture and stops the rust for at least a
year. The trick is how to squirt or spray it in tight or hidden areas.

I've had mixed success with pinching off brake lines, especially if they
were rusty. Although you aren't supposed to do this, I've had good success
with patching in a piece of brake line using compression fittings. The
trick is to find clean (un-rusted) brake line ahead of and behind the place
that is leaking. You can get tiny tubing cutters at the hardware store for
cheap that will allow you to make a clean cut in tight spaces.

I don't know about the window rubber and was also wondering about that for
my 81.

Cris