Volvo Turbo Oil Cooler

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of chris gonzalez
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 12:31 PM
To: Sciroccolist
Subject: RE: Volvo Turbo Oil Cooler

--- ATS - Patrick Bureau <ats@longcoeur.com> wrote:
> Well all vw without the external cooler run constantly 100-120'c on
> the oil
> gauges of vdo in America.
>
> My temp runs 95-100 in summer time, 90-95 in winter time. As I said
> reaches
> 115 when I am in the triple digits (read 100-130MPH) for ten-twenty
> minutes...

At any rate I'd swap out that tstat for the 80C one, especially if you
have hot summers. There is no real reason not to give your car the
extra thermal reserve.

I believe that that is too low to burn off all the impurities that build up
over time...  Besides, the figures that are being bantied (sp?) about here
are via guages and/or MFAs that are a minimum of 15 years old, there is
bound to be some fudge factor one way or another...

David Utley