trade-up Scirocco for Corado

I appreciate the fact that this is a Scirocco list and all, but is
everyone down on the Corrado?

Personally, I would love to have one - the day they fall into my price
range I'll be picking one up as an engine swap candidate.  There are many
things that make the Corrado an attractive choice, but for me it boils
down to the fact that it's based on the A2 platform, and shares some
engineering advantages for safety and reliability (plastic fuel tank!
plastic fuel lines!)  Bolt-on front subframe.  Less restrictive exhaust
path out of the engine bay.

Sure it's a bit of an oddball, but the Scirocco is also a bit of an
oddball too.  Aside from a few extra unique parts on the corrado (steering
rack, rad ...) there's likely not _that_ much more that's unique to the
Corrado than there is to the Scirocco.  Most of the A1 crossover on the
Scirocco is A2/A3 crossover on the Corrado.

Granted, they don't have the same classic styling that the Mk2 Scirocco
has (but they're not ugly either!)  Don't get me wrong, I love my
Scirocco, and I'll always have a few of them around but the reality is if
I was spending more time and money to build a year-round sport compact
commuter, I'd be building it on a Corrado (admittedly insurance would
likely kill me.)  Eric S., Mr TDI Corrado, know's where I'm coming from.

Drew

--
|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |