trade-up Scirocco for Corado

I would have to reccomend against the Corado.  They are one of those
"bridging" cars from VW.  What I mean is that they Bridged between 2 or
maybe 3 different platforms to make one car.  This can make parts
hunting a bit of a pain, and definitly more costly then a rocco.  The
other things is that no matter what rado owners I talk to, all I hear is
exlectrical issue this, electrical issue that.  Granted, rocco's have
poor grounds, that can be fixed, but rado's seem to suffer many
electrical issues (most noteworth are the sunroofs that never fully
work) and some that even result in cabin fires.

But it really boils down to what you truely want.  What I would suggest
is first, find one that someone is willing to let you drive.  From what
I understand, they feel a bit sluggish and chunky.  Interior wise, I
think they are prollie better (otherwise some of us wouldn't be putting
their seats and dashes in our roccos) but overall feel may not be what
you expect.  Spend a littel time with one before giving up the rocco.
Also, if you are going to do it, I'd go for the VR version.  The
G-ladders on the 4cyl ones are just plain crap from all the reading i've
done.  Then again, I'm not an expert so don't take anything I say for
gospel, make your own choices.

William