Update $195 coilovers.

Ok folks here's the scoop.

The epoxy is for noise and to keep the collars from coming UP and making
noise. I used my cutoff wheel to remove all but 3/4" of the perch. The
reason that its not a big deal about removing the perch is to get them
adjusted to have 3-4" of travel they are near the tops of the collars with
them resting on what remains of the perches. I could have removed down to
1/4" of collar and it would still work just fine.

So the epoxy only keeps the collar from rattling. I'm guessing that the
different shock manf. have different sized tubes. So i made a 24 gauge
sheet metal spacer. And will be epoxying them on after I get info on
rebuilding my konis...

If anybody has a strut housing with the insert types, Measure the OD of
the tube and I'll measure these to see if they will fit properly. or you
can just send me a set :-)

Opinion:
old shocks ie. real koni's not inserts. should not be dissasembled it lets
the gas out(one was blown anyway).  Dont take the top nuts off the strut
housing with the the shock pointed down -- it lets the oil out and makes a
big mess. clean your shocks before you start grinding.  The collar could
be a little longer or the springs could be a little longer too.

Brian

Brian
88 16v $2004 GRM challenge car http://www.grmotorsports.com
84 0v Next years car? mid engine... maybe we'll see
82 0v Black 16v kit --parts
82 2.0L Topless bunny -- Knock Ignition and bigger clutch. next.
90 90q20v doing daily driver duty.
91 VFR750F everybody needs a 11-12 sec vehicle.

Contact method. Email me for AIM, ICQ, YahooIM, IRC, etc.