/ CV Joint Prive

Correctomundo. The thing is, you can't GET the bolt in unless it IS fully seated.  That's the beauty....

Roc on.
Larry

  I haven't looked at it for a while but was remembering it being shaped
  roughly like a trailer hitch ball, The bolt then rides one of the inner
  shoulders to keep it from popping out. If you don't get it fully seated,
  presumably you could put the bolt in and tighten it but have it still be
  loose. I guess you'd have to be a pretty poor mechanic for this to
  happen, though.

  -Toby