/ CV Joint Prive

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, L F wrote:

> Toby,
>  I don't blame you for being super-safe, but nothing can pop out unless the pinch bolt comes out first.
>
> Larry

K.

I haven't looked at it for a while but was remembering it being shaped
roughly like a trailer hitch ball, The bolt then rides one of the inner
shoulders to keep it from popping out. If you don't get it fully seated,
presumably you could put the bolt in and tighten it but have it still be
loose. I guess you'd have to be a pretty poor mechanic for this to
happen, though.

-Toby