WOT: Good web page authoring software?

Hey all:

Here at work, I have to maintain a website (part of one, really, just the password-protected
"extranet") and as we add new bulletins, etc. I have to add links to tables on various pages.
Plus create a few new pages from time to time.  I don't know what the existing pages were created
in (wasn't Frontpage).

Sooo...what's the best package for a guy who doesn't *really* want to do this?  I need a sharp
learning curve, reasonable flexibilty (no fancy stuff, just pages and links, I don't think I'll be
doing frames), and reasonable cost.  FrontPage is NOT an option - I took one look inside a page
modifed with FP and puked.  Yechh.  So what is my magic solution?  I've been told Dreamweaver is
good but haven't seen it.

TIA,

Ron

=====
Cheapass Ron
'81 Scirocco S - "Victor Jr."  7SM
(2.0L 16V, GL 4-speed w/ Quaife installed, Megasquirt coming...)