Pissing contest continued: 3A and ABA

Comments within...

Quoting Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>:

> > The first part was interesting and informative, but the latter half seems
> > show your personal bias towards me, more than relating any experience with
> the
> > matter at hand...  :-)
>
> Only cause you are SO Goddamned sensitive!

Response #1:  Thanks for the two cents, but keep your change...  You need it
more than I do...

-OR-

Response #2:  As that is coming from someone that is obviously insensitive to
others needs/feelings, how on Earth would you have a clue if I were?

> > Quoting Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>:
> >
> > > As far as where they're made, companies generally have COMPANY standards
> and
> > > procedures. i.e. the
> > > inspection procedures, quality control, manufacturing processes are the
> same
> > > throughout the company
> > > irrespective of country. It's not like there's a German master machinist
> > > carefully producing every
> > > crank to 0.0001" tolerances. Engines are manufactured by machines.
> > > But to each his own personal bias.
> > > Dan
> > >
> > Engine -componnents- are made by machines, but engines themselves are
> > asembled/test-run/what-have-you by people, not machines...
>
> Manufacturers assemble engines using specialized tools and fixtures. It's
> nothing like any of us, or
> even a VW dealer, use rebuilding an engine. There might be a guy maning the
> tools, but it's
> incredibly automated. I really doubt that the tools and processes are
> designed and implemented
> locally.

I agree...  I would imagine that most of the employees down there are not
educated, much less mechanical...

They don't design these tools and processes for the highest common
> denomintor. They design
> them so the average Joe off the street can assemble a complete engine in .25
> man-hours.
>
> >Again, I realize
> > that I am biased to a degree, as I see the leavings of what others have
> abused
> > and broken.  However, in my experience, ALL mexican made VWs are more
> likely
> > to have a higher failure rate, regardless of where the components are
> made.
> > To continue, mexican parts are made more poorly in fit and finish, not to
> even
> > comment on their longevity.
>
> That's funny cause the pistons and rods and crank in my ABA are equal to the
> parts in my JH. I took
> it apart and looked at it and measured it before installing it. I think
> you're overstating to
> justify your bias.

Dan, this is getting silly...  They look/function the same way, so therefore
they are equal?  It is not possible that they are made in different
facilities, have different metallurgy, or a different design internally?  I
would think any engineer would know that something that looks the same may not
actually be the same...  :-P

Back to the point...  I only stated my experience Dan, if you have a problem
with that, then perhaps you should seek answers elsewhere...

> > If you were where I am now, you would agree... :-)
>
> > The comment made about engines being made to company standards is true, in
> > theory.  Here in the trenches, I see that it is not always the case in
> > practice...
> >
> > To whomever originally posted the questions on the 3A, take my advice as
> it
> > was given, advice from my experience...  I wish you well in your
> endeavor...
> >
> > To Dan, you have never responded to my repeated private apologies...
>
> I don't get it. What's the big deal? What are the apologies for?

For the conflict, or misunderstanding...  It would seem that you do not allow
yourself to be interested in trivalties such as those.  That being the case,
disregard them...

 When I think
> you're wrong I say so.
> I'm not picking on you personally. I just happen to disagree with you alot.

I hadn't noticed (not)...  :-[]

>  I bear
> > you no ill will, and yet you seem to carry some towards me...  It does not
> > bother me that you do not agree with what I type, I invite
> > criticism/conversation over what is being discussed. However, I do wish
> that
> > you would approach me more as a fellow VW owner/lover, instead of just a
> thorn
> > in your or the lists' side...
>
> Sorry I disagree with you so much. I'm also sorry you seem to be so
> personally sensitive. Give it a
> break!
> Dan

I doubt the first sentence...  However, with regard to the second sentence,
you obviously are -not- sorry by writing the third...  That second sentence is
so silly, how can someone else be sorry that you have an alledged
predisposition to X?  Sympathy is obviously not something that you are good
with...  I would stop while you still have friends/relatives/life
partner...  :-P - - -

Dan,
  As far as being too sensitive, that will no longer be an issue with you...
The goat has been moved to a secret hiding spot...  Some place you would never
look...

ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS
> > > _Taglines

> > > David Utley