Good Price??

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Ewing" <MK1Scirocco16v@comcast.net>

> So, your saying that none of the RD motors are digifant???  MOST of the RD
> motors are digifant.  Someone said that they had a Jetta with a RD CIS-E
and
> I was surprised.  I guess you just don't see too many GTIs in the wreckers
> anymore.  If they only made the CIS-E RD motors in 85 and 86, they made
the
> digifant RD motors in all the A2 platforms after that.  I am not
absolutely
> sure but all of the RD motors I've seen in the yard (many) are Digifant.

I'm sure that's exactly what he's saying.  Here are two pages that confirm
this...  RD engines are NOT shown with Difigant:

http://www.volkswagen.org/EngineSwap/Default.htm
http://www.volksparts.com/a2.htm

Here is where you admit you are wrong about the "many" RD engines you have
seen with Digifant.  Just because it's a 1.8 8v in an A2 doesn't mean it's
an RD engine....

> As far as "worthless high compression 8vs" is concerned, you said that,
not
> me.  Maybe you should step up to some real power someday and go 16v or
maybe
> it's just not for you.  I have a high compression 8v in my Rabbit Pickup,
> it's a 1.6l diesel so I'm not at all opposed to high compression 8v
motors.

Eric owns a Rabbit Pickup with a 2.0 Motronic 16v, so I don't think the
"step up to some real power" comment applies here.  He also owns several
8v's and at least one diesel (this is all current...  in the past he has
owned many of each), so it's fair to say he is not biased towards engine
type.

(Quote from Eric)  > > Dave, I really have no respect for anything you have
to say about
> rebuilding an engine.  Shannon's motor comes to mind......

Hehehe...  I'm glad Eric said that, otherwise I would have

> Apparantly you didn't read the thread on Shannon's motor.  After the
> problems I offered to help more than once with no response.  The motor
> hasn't even been torn apart for any kind of verification after I did the
> work.

I would expect that if you did a decent job building the engine, it
shouldn't have to be torn apart again for a long time!!  And personally, if
I had paid someone to do a job and they f'd it up, I wouldn't want them
messing around with it again, I'd take it to someone who knows what's going
on.  Then again, this is why I don't have other people work on my stuff.

> Man, all you NW guys and your sniveling
> compassion for Shannon.

Shannon has supporters on this subject from all over, not just the NW.  He
is a decent guy who has no reason to make anything up about his dealings
with you.  Eric is not in or from the northwest, so to quote you:  "hey what
an idea, get the facts straight"

Just realize that he made his decision to not get
> back to me to fix the motor but then he decided to drag everyone else in
on
> this "Hate Dave for what he might have done to my motor" agenda instead of
> dealing with me personally.   My suggestion to you, Eric, and everyone
else
> who has listened to the whines from Shannon to mind your own stinkin'
> business or, hey what an idea, get the facts straight before going after
> someone elses reputation.

Dave, it's called a community.  For example, here in town we have a few 4x4
shops...  one is well known for doing shoddy work and just being shady in
general.  I suppose you think they should never be talked about badly?  Have
you ever heard of "word of mouth advertising"?  It works both ways...
whether somebody does a great job or a crappy one, people are going to hear
about it and it will spread throughout the community of people interested in
similar things.  Just the way it is....   sorry if you don't like it.

John