Good Price??

--- "Dave Ewing" <MK1Scirocco16v@comcast.net> wrote:
>Special? No, I wouldn't say that but just able to find deals.  I guess if
>people want the RD motors I should start saving them.  Honestly, though, I
>see these motors in my pick-a-part all the time.  For a known good motor
>with good compression, no smoke and running they are $150.  I just don't
>like changing the fuel system and wiring in the knock system for a few hp.
>Ever try to pull out the injector cups out of a digifant head??

A: RD motors are CIS-E, not digifant
B: RD motors were only found in 85-86 GTI and GLI
C: We are all so happy you get great deals on "worthless high compression 8vs" *rolls eyes*

>If you gonna do the rings you may as well do the bearings then, even if you
>all you do is the rings you still need a engine gasket set.  Why would you
>go in and do rings and tear it all apart and not do the mains and rod
>bearings?  I'd rather just throw the thing in and see if it runs.  If it has
>probs then an in car overhaul is easier if you don't have the space or
>engine stand to do it outside the car.  You can do a in-car overhaul in a
>day.

Dave, I really have no respect for anything you have to say about rebuilding an engine.  Shannon's motor comes to mind......

>Like I said, if the motor is running and you don't have to do much to it
>(tune up or something really minor) then it is worth it.  I just can see
>spending $400 or $500 bucks on a 1.8 8v if it's high compression or not when
>you could probably find a whole Passat for that money if you look around a
>little

16vs are not for everyone dave.

>Just my opinion, Eric, you don't have to agree with me.  I'm really cheap
>though!!

Likewise.

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg