Good Price??

Not going to jump in on this "disagreement," but I will offer my knowledge
as a
former GTI owner/enthusiast(not that I don't like them anymore, just prefer
Sciroccos.)
The '85 GTI and GLI technically came with the HT motor, which is identical
to the
RD except one ground wire.  The following year VW removed the ground wire(pin11
on the knock box if I remember right), and had a more aggressive map to the
computer
and 2 more HP.  So I do know that these RDs (I include the HT with it since
the engine
is really the same), were on '85 through early '87 GTIs and GLIs until the
16V came out.
I don't know if they brought it back on the Golf GTs or not as they were
basically an
'85 GTI with rear drums.  I suspect they did though since the HP was the same.
As for Digifant, I didn't know they used the 10:1 motors in them; I always
assumed it
was lower compression-but as I said, I assumed that.

John