fuel to the fire: 16v's are BAD!

John Van Vuren <veedublu@prod.net> wrote:

> Damn dude, calm down.

This was in reference to: What's weak is you quoting some Drake employee's opinion from 1988.

>Calm down? Why do you assume Brad isn't calm? He used one exclamation >mark
>in his whole email, and overall it was a well written and well thought out
>reply to your troll of a post. Then you get uptight when someone responds
>*rolls eyes*
I'm sorry for the 'troll of a post'. I don't know what that means, but I assume it's not positive. I don't consider my post uptight at all, I didn't critize him on a personal level at all in my response, I merely responded to what he wrote. I figured that a high level former Drake employee, who wrote a shitload of good, technical information about VW motors that are found in our cars would be something worth posting and that others may find worth reading. I'm sorry, I'll try to refrain next time and keep the list to birthday announcements, stories and anything else not related in any way to our cars (no offense to the people who post that stuff, I have no problem with it, enjoy reading it and post it myself).

>First you try to stir things up, then you say stuff like "In other words,
>don't bother arguing or debating or trying to change my mind about it
>because it's not worth it"
I try to stir stuff up??!! Have you missed almost ALL of Larrys, Ron's and other's posts lately? As for the part you quoted, had you read closer you would have realized that was in reference to my personal opinion, which is noted pretty clearly as my personal opinion and takes up the last 4 lines or so. That line is about arguing over my personal opinion, not the article. It seems very clear to me, but apparently it wasn't so I hope that part is now.

>WTF man? It's a beautiful day in Colorado, go do something productive
It certainly is. The view from my office window and the breeze coming through the open door is great. Would you like to work my 16hr day so I can go enjoy it? Or maybe some other part of my 50+hr work week and 19 credit school schedule, because I'd certainly love to be doing something more productive if I could.

Dan