IGNORE POST: FUEL TO THE FIRE.....

You know what, fuck it. My intentions was to give back to the 16v guys a wee bit of the ragging they give the 8v guys ALL THE TIME along with post some interesting information from a guy who knows what he's talking about. What do I get? People whining about me trying to start stuff, people insulting, flaming and getting all pissy with me and people trying to nitpick every line in the article. The ideas in the article are based in the late 80s, when 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8L 8v engines where quite common, especially compared to the relatively new 16v at the time. That's why the prices are the way they are. But wait, I already said I'm through with this thread, I'm not defending/explaining the article, myself or anything else to anybody regarding the articles I posted. Don't bother replying (to me about) the thread or this one, because I'm not reading it. Let me reiterate my intentions, as it seems people have trouble understanding me:

My intentions was to give back to the 16v guys a wee bit of the ragging they give the 8v guys ALL THE TIME along with post some interesting information from a guy who knows what he's talking about.

I think some people need to get off their high horse, stop thinking they're the supreme VW expert master guru and whatever anyone else says is shit and stop getting all offended by comments about A FUCKING ENGINE. You'd think I was talking about someone's mother.

Dan