From: "Greg Nichols" <racingredrocco@yahoo.com>
To: <Scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: Radio wiring question...

> Heres my question.... If you have a radio that doesnt have a detachable
face, is there a way to wire the radio to turn off completely when the car
is off? I believe the answer is yes because I have it wired like this now-
Car off = radio off. This would be ok, but I lose all radio settings, sound
settings, cd location because essentially Im just "unplugging the radio". If
I hook the radio up to the constant power from the battery and then my
switched power source is from the fuse box, I can press off on my radio but
the clock stays on. My question to you is... how much will this drain my
battery? I cant remember but do dash clocks turn off with the ignition? If
they do, how are they turning off but remembering settings? And can I run my
radio like that HELP!!!!!