Radio wiring question...

Heres my question.... If you have a radio that doesnt have a detachable face, is there a way to wire the radio to turn off completely when the car is off? I believe the answer is yes because I have it wired like this now- Car off = radio off. This would be ok, but I lose all radio settings, sound settings, cd location because essentially Im just "unplugging the radio". If I hook the radio up to the constant power from the battery and then my switched power source is from the fuse box, I can press off on my radio but the clock stays on. My question to you is... how much will this drain my battery? I cant remember but do dash clocks turn off with the ignition? If they do, how are they turning off but remembering settings? And can I run my radio like that HELP!!!!!

Captnbr@aol.com wrote:Just connect both wires to the power wire in the rocco. Then you'll be good
to go. And you'll be able to turn the stereo on without the key. I love this
feature. I wish my Jetta had this feature.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6