[16vtech] Dire help needed, Rich and won't idle

Well, turning the mixture screw does affect things, quite a lot actually. I lean it out, and it nearly stalls, but runs ok once it's revved up a bit. Richen it,a nd the idle gets better, but of course it runs steadily worse in the revs.

I'm sort of curious as to whether the cold start injector is leaking as well. It does work, I unplugged it and it was hard to start the car, but is it possible that it's leaking enough to foul up my running that badly and cause me to get that poorly of gas mileage (btw 15-18mpg is no joke, and that's on the days I drive like a sane person!).

Joshua

my guess is that the DPR crapped itself. it did this to me on the rieger
once and it ran like crap, out of nowhere. finding that problem took nothing
more than measuring DPR current and finding out that it was stuck at 0 mA
during idle, with good o2 sensor voltage (~0.5 VDC), and the adjust screw
had no effect on DPR current. the current did change when i rev the engine
(enrichment), and current went to -60 mA while returning to idle (kickdown),
this told me the circuit was good (current flows), but the diaphragm was bad
inside the DPR itself.
hth
Al