Speedo Issues

Hi List,
In the 86 16V, I just replaced the 160 mph speedo (no odo & no lights at night)
with a 140 mph speedo. The odo's in the 140 mph don't work either, but I now have lights
at night until I can repair the 160 mph speedo (And yes I realize that I'm reading 5 mph faster than actual).

However, the LED cluster in the 140 mph cluster either don't work or are very dim. The green turn signal
LED indicator is not working and the blue LED for the "brights" is very dim. Of course the shift indicator LED
is working flawlessly (wtf cares?). The actual turn signals and brights work fine, just not the LED indicators.

These LED's worked in the 160mph cluster soooo..... coulld this be a short in 140 mph flex pcb
or possibly a bad contact in the connector? I belive I've got the speedo connectors to mated correctly.
Any speedo experts out there have any other ideas?
Thanks guys /gals!
Rob / Cincinnati