Motor swap in a 1.8 16v

I have a 87 vw scirocco 16v and I need to either swap the motor with a
rebuild one or rebuild mine in the car.  Which one would be the less time
consuming idea.  I have a spare motor in my garage on a engine stand with
a rebuild kit sitting in my garage.  And I have a place with a lift and
tools for 3 days.  I recently had a fuel problem with CIS-E and now my
compression went from 150 to 110 so I need to rebuild the motor or swap
it.  Please hit me back on this.