  From: der flo
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 8:20 PM
  Subject: Motor swap in a 1.8 16v

  I have a 87 vw scirocco 16v and I need to either swap the motor with a
  rebuild one or rebuild mine in the car.  Which one would be the less time
  consuming idea.  I have a spare motor in my garage on a engine stand with
  a rebuild kit sitting in my garage.  And I have a place with a lift and
  tools for 3 days.  I recently had a fuel problem with CIS-E and now my
  compression went from 150 to 110 so I need to rebuild the motor or swap
  it.  Please hit me back on this.