  From: Chris M Cougill
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 9:52 AM
  Subject: Newbie

  Hi folks,

  Boy was I glad to find scirocco.org!  I am in the process of
  acquiring an 88 16V with some fuel issues and could use a bit of advice.
  Previous owner parked this car a year ago after 2 fuel pumps didn't fix
  his problems; he says the car acts "like an old American car when it
  floods, like it's overfueling."  Unplugging vacuum lines to get more air
  in with the fuel, he says, helped him limp the car back to where it now
  sits.
  I'm guessing fuel pressue control valve (?).  Any other ideas to
  start with?  I can't do anything with the car where it now sits; I will
  need to tow in home and fiddle with it here.  Any and all advice would be
  VERY much appreciated!

  BTW -- car is completely rust-free with 117K miles.  If the fuel
  issues can be easily resolved, it should be a bargain at $500.  Even
  better -- the guy turned me on to a running 81 VW diesel pickup for $300!
  All in all, a pretty good weekend!

  Thanks in advance,

  Chris
  cscmc1@eiu.edu